Thursday, September 07, 2006

Being lazy ;)

So ya, I have been lazy lately and not posted much here. Now mind you we are not being lazy in life, if anything we are super busy. We started homeschooling this week!! Gabriella is LOVING it. Every morning I hear "Can we learn now?" or "Can we homeschool?". It is so nice to have such an eager learner. She is a workbook kind of girl. She would do pages and pages everyday if I let her.

Right now we are working on some math skills and writing and reading. She was able to print out pretty much every letter before starting so now we are working on keeping it all neat and trying to print within the lines and she is doing pretty good.

We are also reading a ton of books (thank goodness for the library). Both kids love listening to stories but we have added some question time after every story for Bella. I want to make sure she is listening and to make sure she understands the story.

Overall it is a lot of fun...just need to get used to doing it all and fitting it into our schedule...but I guess that is the great thing about homeschooling, you can do it whenever it works for your household. If you miss a day it isn't a big deal, you can always catch up the next day.

No comments: